Monday, May 21, 2012

My first Philly cheesesteak.  (At a restaurant.)  Then the randomest leftovers in a long while, which oddly enough inspired a great welling-up of gratitude that I am so blessed to be able to feed us every day without wondering or worrying about where it will come from.
Shepherd's pie for Sunday, made by S. and Ian and shared with Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Bryce as well.  Hooray.

As for saving money, our family (as far as I can tell, the national numbers were hard to pin down) uses 1/6th the average in water consumption.  Between the six of us, we use roughly 120 gallons a day in our home, which sounds like a lot to me, but I guess it's not.
Per week, I run about 5 loads of wash, 3-4 loads in the dishwasher, and about 15 showers and one bath for the lot of us.  We also turn off the water in the shower when we're not actually rinsing, etc.  In terms of equipment, our washer is a new front-loader but our shower heads and toilets are very old and inefficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment