Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Cows

I'm finishing up a book by Joel Salatin of Polyface Farm fame, who advocates grazing cows in perennial pasture as the ultimate world healing, both for health and ecology.  I'll review the book more in detail when I finish, but here are a few related links that have been brought to my attention in the last little while:
A fun video of extremely happy cows 
and basically, the concept of a CSA applied to grass-fed beef.
None of these things are new, of course, but at this point I'm pretty committed to eating only grass-fed beef if I can help it and these links are part of that momentum.  Truthfully, it means we don't eat much meat, and it's hard to find a consistent source.  I can't sustain the price of actual pastured eggs for the amounts we go through, either, and it turns out it's illegal for us to raise chickens on this property, but I try to occasionally pick up a package.  It's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment