Friday, February 24, 2012

Lentil soup cooked with a lamb bone (not too much, it's a strong flavor), canned beets, and cream biscuits.
I only 'discovered' these biscuits a year or so ago, though they've apparently been sitting there in my good ol' Fannie Farmer cookbook since I got married.  But, as smitten kitchen says of them, you'll wonder where they've been your whole life.   My recipe has an extra teaspoon of sugar compared to the recipe in the link, and I find a pastry brush less messy for the melted butter, and mine says to just cut them in squares which is beautifully simple and different from my usual -- but really, it's going to be divine no matter how you cut it (ha).  And SOOOOO easy to make.  You'll never buy Pillsbury Grands again!  Though, you may gain a few pounds over time...

1 comment:

  1. making my list of things to try from your kitchen... thank you again for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete