Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Menus

I'm still a little sad and surprised by the ethical dilemma my raw milk post generated, brief as the post was. Looking further into the details behind it, I discovered that while my entry itself was borderline in terms of a legal issue that might reflect badly on my lawyer husband, that I am currently restricted in some other definite ways. For example, in previous, more prosperous years, I've personally been a member-contributor of the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund. I discontinued that for budget reasons, but it seems that if I wanted to pick back up where I left off, because of S.'s career progress I should actually go and get a bank account in my own name so that it was clear I was acting on my own convictions, not his. Luckily, I also have a few of my own paychecks now, for the first time in forever, so that could be an appealing option that I hadn't previously considered.

Anyway, I probably haven't helped anyone's curiosity by expounding on this, but I'm trying to find a way to express my feelings (which were poignant) without putting someone I love in a difficult position. Being a member of a family, a community, a profession, and a religion, many of which overlap in different ways, can certainly be tricky for any of us to navigate. May we all find the right balance! And in the meantime, eat good food.

Monday: 'Grub Mountain' (mashed potatoes, vegetables and gravy)
Tuesday: Mini kukus (a Persian frittata), with eggplant and zucchini.
Wednesday: Sesame noodles
Thursday: Curried potatoes, fish, salad
Friday: Pizza, frozen veggies
Saturday: Chilaquiles with chicken
Sunday: Pancakes, applesauce, scrambled eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment