Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Reluctant Menus

I'm feeling the drag of menu planning/food preparation/washing dishes lately. It comes and goes, but I reaallly didn't want to think about it at all this weekend. I made some awesome, scrumptious cupcakes (not my usual habit) hoping the rest of the problem would go away, but it didn't. So about an hour before dinnertime yesterday I dug deep in my soul and finally put a plan together, because I know it really matters for our stress level and budget that I make menus.

Here they are:

Leftover cupcakes/toast/scrounge* ≈≈ Chicken cacciatore
Oatmeal ≈≈ Carrot soup
Muesli ≈≈ Tuna melts, corn
Lemon poppy seed muffins ≈≈ Rice pilaf, kale
Hash browns, eggs ≈≈ Chili mac
Pancakes, applesauce ≈≈ Asian chicken salad, popcorn
Cereal ≈≈ Pottage

*This was a pretty sad morning -- we had no milk, eggs, fruit, or pretty much anything fresh. I had to do quite a big shop later that day to restock!

No comments:

Post a Comment