Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Menus (some more planned than others)

And yes, I have late, frantic, off-the-cuff dinners too: last night while rummaging desperately, I found some really freezer-burned Thanksgiving turkey chunks and then used them in the recipe that was there on the back of the box of farfalle.

(I actually was almost inclined to throw them out, they were so old-looking, but then I figured I should suck it up and meet my Lent goal of using unwanted food. And it went fine.) I was just amazed and glad that the generic pasta package my son had randomly grabbed for me from the basement literally called for leftover turkey...

Also notice our dinner-for-breakfast that day. I was not ahead of the planning curve, but knew that my kids would actually much prefer chili to any of my usual options, so I went with it.


Leftover chili and cornbread ≈≈ Turkey cherry pasta salad
Apple-cherry oatmeal ≈≈ Lentil-tomato soup, Utah scones
Cream of wheat, peanut-butter chocolate shake ≈≈ Crepes of some kind
Pancakes, applesauce ≈≈ Dhal makhani
Apple-bran muffins ≈≈ Chicken divan
Cereal, eggs ≈≈ Fish sticks, salad
Cottage cheese croissants ≈≈ Corn chowder

No comments:

Post a Comment