Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Menus (and a little Lent)


Pancakes ≈≈ Leftovers
Strawberry muesli ≈≈ Baked potatoes, green beans
Cracked wheat, hot cocoa ≈≈ Split pea soup
Apple-date oatmeal ≈≈ Fish, garden salad, garlic noodles
Cornmeal mush, fried eggs ≈≈ Pizza, mixed veggies
Lemon-blueberry muffins ≈≈ Caldo verde
Cereal, canned fruit ≈≈ French toast


Lent starts this week, and I'll be doing my annual 'clean out the freezer' campaign, trying to limit my food purchases while I creatively use up the year's accumulation of forgotten, random ingredients. 

This week will be a little more difficult since I'm feeding guests twice, but I will at least be putting some canned collard greens from our food storage into the caldo verde. An item I feel glad and responsible to have on the emergency shelf, but not one that gets rotated often...

So, keep your eyes out for other oddities in this month's menus -- who knows, maybe there will be some new and pleasant discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment