Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Trying to learn how to do Asian soups.  My husband and father-in-law are very fond of miso soup, so I asked my mother-in-law to make it for us when she visited recently and I watched.  Then I tried it last night myself, but it wasn't quite up to snuff.  It probably doesn't help that I actually hate miso myself, but you'd think that with only, what, 3 ingredients? I'd be able to pull it off.  That's OK, there was also a big pot of egg-drop, and the kids are all willing to have me keep trying, they seem to like miso.  Good for them!

Smart cheapness -- not having a second car until our fourth child was 2 1/2 years old.  It's amazing how often you can carpool and bundle errands when you're motivated by necessity!  And, always researching reliability ratings and buying used from private sellers.  Cars still feel like a money sink, but I'm sure it's not as bad as if we had a monthly loan payment...we also avoid roughly $150 a month in parking costs because S. rides the bus to work most every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment