Saturday, April 28, 2012

Last night's dinner was rather ill-fated.  I started to make minestrone, but didn't finish in time for us to make it over to a school event, so we had cereal instead.  Cereal!!  I think that may be a first over here for dinner, though I'm sure plenty of people will enjoy the image of my family eating Lucky Charms at 6 pm.

The soup was SOOOO close to being done, though, I just turned it off and figured the water would stay hot enough to finish it up while we were gone.  I've done that before -- but it turned out that we came home a little early and I dished myself up a bowl, and it needed a few more minutes just for the carrots, so I turned it on nice and high for just a little longer.  Or that was my intent, except I ended up in the basement with the family and forgot completely about it until the smoke detector started beeping.  Oops, that poor soup.  It's surprisingly salvageable, if a bit smoky-flavored.  I guess I know what I'll be eating for lunch all week...

No comments:

Post a Comment